Right now, the world is facing the greatest global pandemic of our lifetimes with Covid-19. Whilst we remain forever hopeful and optimistic for our long awaited return to normality, we also appreciate the seriousness of a situation that is causing unimaginable hurt to a greater proportion of the world, and are forever thankful to live in the isolation of Western Australia, that has allowed us to push through this crisis with far more freedom than many others have and are determined to do our part for humanity as we navigate this uncharted terrain together.
Wine for Dudes would like to assure you that the health and safety of our team, customers, industry colleagues, community and families, is of paramount importance, and have developed a mitigation strategy as to how we will handle the COVID-19 situation as a tour operator within the Margaret River region.
In response to the increased urgency surrounding hygiene standards to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Wine for Dudes have implemented the following procedures:
- LIMITED GROUP SIZES: Group tour sizes have been capped, and where possible we will use a larger vehicle to allow for extra space. We are only accepting 21-passengers in our Coaster in Private Charter situations, where the passengers already know each other and are happy to travel together.
- CONTACT TRACING: Our admin gurus are taking control of contact tracing requirements by collating customer details for the driver to present at each venue. We still recommend you check in with your SafeWA app at each venue also, however if you’re a pen & paper kinda dude, then you can skip the queue at each venue.
- STAFF EXPOSURE: If staff are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a known confirmed case of COVID-19 case within 14-days of working, they WILL NOT be able to come to work. Staff should contact the Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080, for further instruction.
- CUSTOMER EXPOSURE: Customer confirmation and reminder emails have been updated to ask passengers to cancel or reschedule in the event that they are feeling unwell.
- ILLNESS ALERT: Wine for Dudes guides are to be aware of anyone who may appear sick. If they suspect anything, they are to ask them immediately if they are feeling unwell, and contact the office immediately for further instruction if someone is showing signs of illness, or is feeling unwell.
- GOURMET FOOD PRODUCER VISITS: Wine for Dudes have ceased visitation to most of the gourmet food producers within the region that have not implemented sufficient hygiene practices for tastings.
- VEHICLE SANITISATION: Wine for Dudes vehicles are sanitised daily to prevent the spread of germs. Each vehicle has been supplied with a disinfectant spray, and sanitising wipes to complete sanitising practices whilst out on tour.
- WASHING HANDS & GENERAL HYGIENE: Wine for Dudes guides are to direct people to wash their hands before lunch. And continue to remind customers of general recommended hygiene practices throughout the day.
These procedures will continue to be monitored and adjusted as time goes on, and further measures will be implemented as required.
We thank all of our team, community and families for their continued support during this time. We especially thank all our customers who have decided not to take refunds for their cancelled tours during lockdowns, instead opting for Credit Vouchers, giving them the opportunity to come and enjoy a vino with us at a later date!
Stay positive, healthy and follow the rules dudes… it’s best for everyone!
We Got This!